Terms & Conditions
1. Information About Us
1.1 https://www.mannapot.com.sg/ is a site operated by Manna Pot Catering Pte Ltd. We are registered in Singapore under the Business Registration Number 200717105E and with our registered office at 1550 Bedok North Avenue 4, #04-16, Bedok Food City, Singapore 489950.
2. Service Availability
2.1 Our site is only intended for use by people residing, businesses, and companies in Singapore ("the Serviced Country"). We do not accept orders from individuals outside of the Serviced Country.
3. Your Status
3.1 By placing an order through our site or on the telephone, you warrant that:
3.1.1 You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
3.1.2 You are resident in the Serviced Country.
4. How the Contract is formed between You and Us
4.1 After placing an online order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All telephone and on-line orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you either during our telephone conversation or email. The contract between us (“the Contract”) will only be formed when we accept the order.
4.2 Manna Pot Catering Pte Ltd reserves the right to change the dish to another of equivalent value without prior notice due to seasonality and stock availability.
4.3 All orders placed online will be fulfilled within THREE business days unless otherwise advised. Business days exclude Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
4.4 You are obliged to make payment in FULL by the payment option you select when you check out your orders.
5. Our Status
5.1 We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that the products you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link will be of satisfactory quality.
6. Price and Payment
6.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
6.2 Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site we might at our discretion decide to honour the lower (incorrect) price or either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
6.3 We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price even after we have provided you with an email confirmation.
6.4 All prices quoted on the website are subjected to prevailing GST.
6.5 Payment Mode: Paynow/ Bank Transfer on confirmation.
A 3% administrative charge on top of the total bill is applicable for Credit & Debit Cards payments. The prevailing GST is chargeable on the administrative charge
6.6 Credit term payment can be arranged for corporate orders subject to the approval of Manna Pot Catering Pte Ltd.
- Delivery Hours: 8.00am to 7.30pm
- Hotline Hours: 9am to 6.30pm
- A $100 surcharge applies for delivery before 8.00am
- A $150 surcharge applies for delivery or collection after 10.30pm.
- Delivery duration is estimated to be 30 to 60 minutes before or after the stipulated timing upon successful order and payment confirmation
- A delivery charge of $40 - $100 to a single delivery point applies for each order via Hotline/ Website unless stated otherwise.
- Delivery charge of $30 ($32.10 w/GST) per trip is applicable for mini buffet/ bento catering and mini party set orders unless stated otherwise. eg. promotional menus
- Delivery charge of $50 ($53.50 w/GST) per return trip is applicable for regular buffet orders
- Festive surcharge of $20 - $30 is applicable for all delivery orders
- Surcharge of $50 - $100 is applicable for delivery to venues without direct lift landing based on $10 per flight of stairs.
- Free delivery promotion (if any) is only applicable for selected Regular Buffet menus
- For buffet catering, free delivery for minimum order of $1,000 per trip, excluding side orders, delivery charges, GST and any other additional charges.
- Additional manpower charges for packing of bentos into individual bags / food service of $100/ service staff applies.
- Price and information are effective immediately and subject to change without prior notification
- We reserve the right to change the dish to another of equivalent value without prior notice due to seasonality
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any promotional item(s) from the menu where it deemed fit
- To ensure the safety of our drivers, delivery may be affected and delayed due to bad weather, traffic conditions or other unforeseen circumstances
- Customers are responsible for checking the order and delivery details provided in the order confirmation. Manna Pot Catering will not be liable for any charges made due to customers' oversight.
- All items/ dishes and Terms & Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- Food visuals shown are for illustrative purposes only
CBD surcharge of $5 ($5.35 w/ GST) applies for postal code starting with (01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 17, 18, 19, 22 & 23)
Tuas/ Jurong Island/ Sentosa surcharge: $20 ($21.40 w/ GST) applies
Walk-up surcharge: $10 ($10.70 w/ GST) per flight of steps up/ down applies
7. Our Refund/ Return Policy
7.1 Manna Pot Catering has a strict no refund or return policy.
Cancellation Notice : 3 working days
Late Cancellation Charge: 2 working days before - 50% of the total amount payable will be charged to the client
7.2 All deposit collected is strictly non-refundable. (applicable for all orders)
- An administrative fee of $100 is applicable and to be borne by the client to process the refund upon customer’s withdrawal of the event booking once prepayment has been made.
- No refunds will be made if the order cancellation is made on the event date itself or 1 working day before.
8. Our Liability
8.1 We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality.
8.2 Food Safety Guideline: Food is best consumed within two hours from dine time & Manna Pot Catering Pte Ltd will not be liable for any loss and damage, cost and expense arising from, in relation to and/or in connection with the provision of the F&B Items howsoever arising from failure to do so.
9.1 All notices given by you to us must be given to Manna Pot Catering Pte Ltd at 3015 Bedok North Street 5, #06-16/17 Shimei East Kitchen, Singapore 486350. We may give notice to you either via an e-mail or postal address that you provided to us when placing an order.
10. Events Outside our Control
10.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
10.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
10.2.1 strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
10.2.2 civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
10.2.3 fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
10.2.4 impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
10.2.5 impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
10.2.6 the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
10.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
11.1 If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon the strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these Terms and Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
11.2 A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
11.3 No waiver by us of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
12.1 If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Entire Agreement
13.1 These Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
13.2 We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other and that nothing may be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
13.3 Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
14. Our Right to Vary these Terms and Conditions
14.1 We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
14.2 You will be subject to the Policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those Policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those Policies or these Terms and Conditions before we provide you with the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
15. Law and Jurisdiction
15.1 Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by the Law of Singapore. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of The Republic of Singapore.